Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
This 4-Day Intensive Course/Study Group is designed for those that wish to combine self-study using the SHRM Learning System® with some facilitated and structured guidance from a SHRM-certified instructor to help them prepare and pass the challenging certification exam. The SHRM-certified instructor will facilitate a review of the current SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) and help you identify your areas of strength as well as areas in which you’ll need further concentrated study in preparation for either certification exam.
- Date & Time: June 2 – 5, 2020 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
- Participants who enroll in this course will be expected to study independently for 3-4 months prior to the 4-day intensive.
- The enrollment fee of $1,250 includes the cost of the SHRM Learning System® online and print study materials. Save hundreds on books and study materials by signing up for the class through us!
- It will be important to register early in 2020 so you can begin studying. Once you register, the College will send you your study materials (print and online). After signing up for the intensive course, we recommend that you schedule your exam with SHRM for a date soon after the 4-day intensive course ends and before summer testing window closes. You will want to schedule your exam for a date between June 6 and July 15.
- You must schedule your exam separately. It is not included in the course.
- The deadline to sign up for the summer exam “window” is April 10; however, we recommend that you schedule your exam in advance in order to secure an exam date soon after you complete the intensive course.
- The course registration deadline through the College of Charleston will be February 10. You must register by February 10 so the College can send you your study materials and you can begin your self study.
The deadline to sign up for the College of Charleston’s 4-day intensive study course is February 10.
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials.
- The course provides an opportunity to network with other HR professionals.
- Outside-the-classroom assignments help reinforce sessions.
- Sample test questions, preparation techniques and periodic progress checks keep you confident in your studies.
- Recertification Credits: SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP credential-holders may earn up to 12 PDC’s
Instructor: Karen A, Clark SHRM-SCP, SPHR, REBC, RHU, CLU
Professionals who enroll in this course have typically worked in human resource positions for at least two years.
Note:The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP examinations are separate from the certification preparation course, and are not included in the course fee. For more information on SHRM-CP and SCHRM-SCP certification examinations, please visit the SHRM Certification website.
Date: June 2 - 5, 2020 Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (lunch included) Location: College of Charleston North Campus 3800 Paramount Drive, North Charleston, SC Cost: $1,250.00 Please note that you are expected to study independently for 3-4 months prior to the 4-day intensive course. It is important to register by February 10 to secure your spot in the prep class and obtain your SHRM self-study materials from the College. Also, for best results, you’ll need to schedule your exam with SHRM for a date soon after the 4-day intensive course ends in June and before the July 15th exam window closes. The exam registration deadline is April 10, but we recommend registering for your exam well before that deadline.