SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management Certificate ProgramDeveloped by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. This straightforward course ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations. The program combines classroom interaction with case study exercises, providing opportunities to practice applying newly-acquired HR skills.
CurriculumBy covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Upon completion of the course, participants should have the ability to:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Engage in employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Understand the administration of total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Oversee employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.
Who Should Enroll?Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resource management and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths. Professionals who might benefit from this course include:
New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers, who perform the HR functions for the company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to help avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
The Essentials of Human Resource Management course is 16 hours in duration. Participants will be awarded 1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Credits), and will also receive a certificate upon completion of the course.