Semester Abroad in the the South
Semester Abroad in the the U.S. is an immersive program that allows university students the opportunity to study English in a different cultural setting. Through experiential coursework and social interactions, students will develop increased confidence and English proficiency, while acquiring an understanding of U.S. cultural practices and traditions. From role-playing to local field trips, students will enjoy a lively and enriching learning experience.
- Offers 17 week programs in January and August, and a 10 week program in May
- Customized programs can be arranged to fit your university’s schedule
- Semester Abroad in the South FAQs
If your university would like to participate in Semester Abroad in the South, please contact the ELI for additional information.
Language and Culture Short Term Program (STP)
The Language and Culture Short Term Program (STP) offers small groups a distinctive opportunity to hone English-language skills while exploring a popular tourist destination. Based in Charleston, S.C., this one-to-four week program combines traditional classroom instruction with cultural outings; highlighting the rich history and charming architecture of the downtown area. Our engaging and experienced instructors will guide students through lessons designed to increase proficiency and expand cultural literacy.
- Study topics include Southern and Charleston-area history, Charleston's unique architecture, and Charleston's connection to the sea.
- Choose the dates and times that are convenient for your group.
- Sample STP Schedule
If you are interested in organizing a Language and Culture Short Term Program for your small group, please contact the ELI for more information
"BroadStreetCharleston" by Khanrak - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons.